City of London
£36770 - £44388 per annum + University Superannuation+ 41 days holiday
Health and Safety Manager Central London
£38,770-£44,388 + University Superannuation Pension +41 days holiday
I am looking for a health and safety compliance manager to work for a Student Union at a leading London University whose main Campus is in Central London. We are looking for an experienced and qualified candidate who will report at board level and who will be accountable for the day-to-day delivery of an efficient and effective health and safety and environmental management, statutory compliance and operational support across multiple disciplines including hospitality, leisure and student services for over 40,000 members within the Student Union.
Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Create a culture where health and safety have high value with clearly defined policies across all areas.
- Ensure that Risk and Safety Inspections are in place, monitored, updated and communicated as necessary.
- Support departmental or team based DSE assessors and act as DSE 'expert'
- Monitor the Responsible Persons Register, ensuring that it remains accurate and up to date
- Ensure that new staff have a Health & Safety induction and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Prepare board level reports with updates on compliance, actions, and monitoring.
- Liaise with the Group Health and safety and Estates Departments on maintenance issues and soft services.
- Regularly review and update the content of Emergency/Business Continuity Plans.
- Lead on the implementation of environmental reduction policies and procedures.
- Work as a collaborative and committed member of the Operations Team
We are keen to talk to candidates who:
- Are NEBOSH qualified
- Strong on implementing policies and procedures and updating risk assessments
- Experienced in estates, facilities and ideally an educational environment
- Will enjoy a collaborative working style with multiple stakeholders.
The position is immediately available, in addition to a competitive basic salary of £38,770-£44,388 dependent on experience, the position offers an exceptional range of benefits including 33 days annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays, an employer pension contribution of 20.6% with you contributing 9.8% of your salary, an interest free season ticket loan, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption paid leave, discounted healthcare schemes and a wide-ranging list of retail discounts.
Interviews are immediately available.