Up to £55000 per annum + 60K OTE
29 days ago
Head of Health and Safety c55K basic 60K OTE
An exciting opportunity for a head of health and safety to join a sector leading, award winning and rapidly expanding company operating in the booming build to rent property space. Managing over 3,000 premium private rental homes across London and Manchester they will be expanding fast as new developments come online in London and cities across the UK. With their assets values at £2.4billion and with rental occupancies at between 97-100% they are capitalising on the untapped potential in this market making it a very exciting time to join the company. Underpinning their business is a relentless approach to consistently delivering their tenants an exceptional guest experience and this appointment of head of health and safety is integral to this. Reporting into the Operations Director and working very closely with the Site Directors at each development you will be tasked with the implementation and consistent delivery of a robust health and safety framework, including:
- Informing and updating the business on key legislation changes, risks and actions required
- Ensure all practices, policies, documents, and tools are continually reviewed, assessed, and updated.
- Own and implement a rolling health & safety communication plan, including internal guidance, updates and content
- Be the first point of contact for all Health and Safety matters throughout the business for teams, contractors, and residents
- Ensure that risk assessments and Health and Safety management systems are reviewed on a regular basis,
- Lead Health & Safety meetings and report to the Board level Governance Committee at quarterly meetings.
- Support the in-house maintenance teams to manage and monitor key risks in fire safety, electrical, water safety.
- Proactively work with local fire authorities to ensure a robust approach to fire safety management.
- Monitor near misses and accidents ensuring that action is taken to prevent further, through risk assessment
- Be responsible for DSE and relevant workplace assessments and any follow up recommendations that might Involve Occupational Health
- Reporting RIDDOR reportable accidents in a timely and accurate manner to the Health & Safety Executive,
We are very keen to hear from candidate who are NEBOSH qualified and have significant experience working in a similar Head of Health and Safety position. You will ideally have a proven track record within a high footfall multi-site property, leisure, hospitality, facility management or retail business with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
In addition to a competitive basic salary of 55K there is a groupwide annual performance related bonus of up to 10% of the basic salary, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to work from home at least one day per week. You will predominantly be based at the developments in London but will be required to travel to Manchester most months with the potential for overnight stays. As such a home location within London or the Home Counties will be ideal.
Interviews are immediately available.