Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum
almost 3 years ago
Group HR Manager 45-50K Manchester
I have an exciting opportunity for a Group HR Manager to join an expanding leisure and hospitality business in the Manchester area. Working as a key member of the senior management team you will play a pivotal part in these whilst leading on the development and engagement of the team of around 750 staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the HR function to ensure the business objectives and strategy are achieved.
- Drive and own the resourcing and talent strategy for the business ensuring there are effective workforce plans and recruitment strategies in place to meet the changing needs of the business. Ultimately ensuring that we attract people with the right skills, behaviours and values.
- Support in the employee value proposition ensuring that we build local and community partnerships with educational establishments, community work and social media activity.
- Promote excellence in people management and leadership through the coaching of current and future managers and leaders within the organisation.
- Manage and integrate future acquisitions including the TUPE transfer of staff
- Provide hands on generalist support to all the units in the business in all HR related matters.
- Ensure full compliance in the business with group policies and procedures along with legislative requirements.
- Support key HR projects ensuring these are consistently delivered to a high standard.
- Help drive a positive and engaged culture throughout the business.
Essential Skills and attributes
- The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified with 3 to 4 years' experience in an Area Human Resources Role.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law and best practice.
- Highly influential, commercially astute, and a credible HR professional with recruitment and talent experience within the hospitality or leisure sectors.
- Excellent communication - both written and oral, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to relate to all employees and management at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment to meet tight deadlines
- Creative and Innovative in their vision of HR for the future.
- Experience of managing projects or implementing new initiatives to the business.
Due to the anticipated high level of interest in this role only those candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted.