£21840 - £22880 per annum + excellent benefits
about 1 year ago
Recreation Assistant/Lifeguard - Highgate
£21,840-£22,880 + excellent benefits
There are fantastic benefits working for the Sports Centre within this prestigious educational institute including 33 days holiday, final salary pension, free meals on shift, free use of their gym, studio classes and sports facilities, and paid for educational/vocational courses to enhance your career prospects within the sports and leisure sector.
As Recreation Assistant and Lifeguard, no two days are the same because you will be on the front line of running all areas of the sports centre and gain invaluable experience to progress.
- Support with the overall running of the gym, swimming pool and sports facilities.
- Lifeguard duties and pool checks.
- Setting up the sports facilities for activities and events.
- Covering reception and looking after customers.
- Ensure the centre is clean and safe at all times with regular checks.
- Undertake coaching including facilitating birthday parties and holiday camps.
- Working a mixture of shifts including some early mornings, evenings and 2 in 3 weekends.
- Smartly presented, highly professional, personable with incredibly high service standards and a can-do attitude.
- At least 1-years customer service experience.
- Preferably National Pool Lifeguard and First Aid at Work trained. However if you are a competent swimmer and wiling to undertake these courses, the company will pay for you to complete them.
- Flexible to work a mixture of shifts including 3 open or close shifts a week and around one in four weekend shifts.
- Living commutable to Highgate for a possible 6.15am-15.15 shift or 13.00-22.00 shift during the week and 7.45am-17.45 at weekends.
You could be a Sports Science Graduate or service professional looking to kick-start a career in leisure or an existing Leisure Attendant, Lifeguard, Fitness professional, sports coach or Recreation Assistant looking to develop further with an employer who promotes continuous learning.
For more information please click apply and we will be in touch promptly if you have the right level of experience.