£29000 - £36000 per annum + Health club membership, pension
Operations Manager - Kent up to £29k basic up to £36k OTE
We are looking for an Operations/Health & Safety Manager for one of the UK's leading health club operators.
Based in Kent, leading your team members in managing and maintaining a safe facility and ensuring all health and safety policies are adhered to and that your teams are fully trained and confident in operating a safe club at all times.
Looking after a team of up to 10 lifeguards and leading the Team on facilities management.
You will also act regularly acting as Duty Manager, taking responsibility for the efficient operation for the entire club. Shifts include opening the health club at 6am and working through to 2pm, late shifts from 2pm to 11pm and middle shifts 10am to 7pm, 11am to 7pm or 12pm to 9pm and every other weekend.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Regularly acting as Duty Manager, taking accountability for ensuring the smooth operation of the club
- Ensuring Health & safety and compliance regulations are adhered to for everyone in the club
- Delivering the company's ways of operating and excellence in member experience
- Being the designated Health and Safety Officer responsible for ensuring the club is compliant on all Health and Safety requirements and that all documentation is maintained accurately and reviewed regularly
- Ensuring regular 1-2-1 meetings performance objectives, probationary reviews and other management processes are conducted with all team members and delivered to a high standard
- Developing your team through inspired leadership, adopting a coaching approach where possible and supporting and developing your team by ensuring full utilisation of workshops, e-learning and apprenticeships offered by the company
- Making sure that all team members are trained in line with company expectations
- To ensure all new team members are enrolled and complete the appropriate e-learning modules for their role and that you monitor this across the full Club team
- Walking your Club daily to deliver 5 star standards of facilities and a safe environment through an obsessive attention to detail, taking a See it, Fix it approach and ensuring the safety of members and team remains our highest priority at all times
- Spending quality time with your lifeguards, interacting with members and observing and coaching them to deliver 5-star service
- Role modelling and coaching your team to always display the core values
- Taking ownership of and regularly reviewing Member feedback
- Giving praise and saying "Thank you" to those team members being recognised and taking appropriate actions to further enhance our member's experience
- Conducting a full health and safety audit within the Club on a monthly basis, and act on any findings
- Performing full safety checks in all areas on a regular basis
- Passionate about Customer Service
- A real team player
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing a team in a service led facility (e.g. restaurant, attraction, retail unit, sporting or leisure facility)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of financial planning and management
- Experience in managing the maintenance and upkeep of a facility, desirable.
- An understanding and experience of Health and Safety regulations, desirable
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent with additional Higher Education qualification (HND/Diploma) GCSE in English and Maths.
- IOSH / NEBOSH or other relevant, recognised H&S qualification - desirable
- Relevant Facilities Management Qualification (HND, Diploma etc) - desirable
- Experience managing a variety of functions with variable challenges and goals - preferred
How you will be rewarded:
- Great Basic Salary of up to £29,000
- Bonuses of up to £7,000 expected OTE of £34,000
- Free Health club Membership
- Working with a great team of people
- Having a load of fun along the way
- Career progression
Interviews available immediately