£40000 - £45000 per annum + + car allowance
8 months ago
Head of Health and Safety - Leisure
Circa £45,000 +car + benefits
We are looking for a Head of Health and Safety for a family orientated leisure operator with diverse, high volume sites on the South Coast and in the South West. As Group Health and Safety Manager Key responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the company's health and safety strategy, embedding a culture of risk management supported by policies and guidance.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are in line with prevailing legislation and operational working practices.
- To produce and coordinate the yearly H&S action plan and longer term H&S roadmap, preparing reports for the Board.
- Complete risk assessments for cap ex , new developments and modifications to the Company's operations, activities and premises
- Implement and monitor the due diligence that applies to the safe procurement of contractors contracted to carry out the Company's business.
- Work with external H&S advisors to ensure that we remain compliant.
- Provide support and deliver training to site teams to manage their relationships with their respective environmental health officers.
- Develop a health and safety checklist that sites complete at appropriate junctures.
- Ensure that all incidents are continually tracked and any corrective actions are implemented.
- Be the central point of contact for the company insurers.
Interested candidates will require to be NEBOSH qualified and have significant experience of both leisure and risk management environments. Crucially and above all else you must be a hard working self-starter ready to work in a fast paced business with significant cap ex and refurbishment projects to oversee.
Interviews are immediately available.