General Manager Sports Club Worthing
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 20% bonus+ benefits
General Manager- Sports Club Worthing - Up to £50,000 +20% bonus + benefits
We have been retained by an ambitious well backed sports club on a journey to realise their full potential both on and off the field. The recruitment of a Club General Manager is a key appointment to achieve their commercial goals, with the post holder talking full day to day ownership for the sports venue and reporting into the board.
- Commercial- Help develop and deliver the commercial strategy to grow all revenue streams including; hospitality events, corporate hospitality, Catering operations, sponsorship, Venue Hire, Sports Pitch bookings, retail and match day attendance.
- People - Build strong relations with key internal stake holders in the club; and leading, coaching and supporting your employed and volunteer teams.
- Operational- Ensure the operation complies with all health, safety and safeguarding regulations and is well maintained.
- Financial -Profit and loss, forecasting and management, negotiating with suppliers.
- Visitor Experience- Build customer loyalty, lifetime value and strong sense of community.
- Project Management- Support with getting new commercial projects off the ground.
- Self-driven, highly organized with an ownership mentality and some entrepreneurial flair.
- Strong leadership experience probably as a General Manager, Venue Manager, Centre Manager, Business Manager, Commercial Manager, Hospitality Manager or Business Development Manager.
- Multi-faceted Operational experience in a high-volume customer environment such as hotels, holiday parks, visitor attractions, Conference and event venues, leisure and entertainment centres, sports stadia, fitness and recreational facilities or hospitality venues.
- Proactive commercial experience growing multiple revenue streams such as food and beverage, functions and events, corporate hospitality, venue hire, sports bookings, sponsorship and partnerships, membership/subscriptions.
- Living within commuting distance of Worthing.
The package includes a starting basic salary depending on experience, 20% bonus potential, 25-days holiday plus bank holidays, various club discounts and most importantly the opportunity to join and grow with an ambitious business.
For more information, please click apply and we will be in touch if you have the right level of experience