Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £60000 per annum + 80K + OTE
6 months ago
General Manager - Leisure Destination
Circa £60,000 + strong bonus + car
We are looking for a General Manager to manage a premium leisure destination for an award-winning and expanding leisure/hospitality brand in Newcastle.
- Leading, coaching, developing, and inspiring your 100+ team members to be the best they can be every day.
- Support your leadership team to develop their range of sporting, spa, food and beverage and event offerings.
- Optimise programming ensuring the right products are delivered at the right time to maximise participation, aid retention and improve profitability.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to develop their strategy to drive occupancy, new member sales and events.
- Full financial accountability; profit and loss, income, expenditure, debtors; helping set the budgets and business plan.
- Ensure the property and grounds are well maintained, clean and safe always.
- Lead by example and work a combination of shifts including 1 in 2 weekends.
- Well groomed, high personable and professional with outstanding communication skills.
- Hands-on yet strategic approach to leadership with an ownership mentality and entrepreneurial flair.
- At least 5-years- U.K. based experience as a premium hotel/retail or leisure General Manager.
- Exposure to leading, coaching, developing and supporting large high performing teams and taking them through change.
- CAPX project management experience preferable.
- An advocate of living an active healthy lifestyle.
In addition to a basic salary of c60K, there is a bonus scheme that will take the OTE to 80K+ , contributory pension, healthcare, car and complimentary gym membership.