Facilities and Maintenance Team member
£25000 - £27000 per annum
Facilities & Maintenance Team member up to £27,000 basic
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the heart of London for a charity who offers incredible facilities for children under the age of 16. The charity has been in operation for over 80 years and offers valuable support to children, young people and their families.
This is an operational and maintenance role and involves a good deal of manual labour, often outdoors and that requires afternoon/evening shifts of weekdays: 14:00-22:30 and weekend shift times of 08:30-17:00. Weekends are worked on a 3 on/3 off basis, with the odd 4 off in a row.
You will be an integral part of a team responsible for the day-to-day smooth running and maintenance of the facility and its sports facilities, including our three eight a side 3G football pitches, basketball court and sports changing rooms. This is a very varied and fully operational role within the wider grounds and gardens team, and will involve a good deal of manual work, often outdoors.
- The successful management, maintenance, and day to day running of the park, playground and facilities relies on a multi skilled and flexible team. The responsibilities below are the key requirements of the role however, from time to time, you may be asked to do other tasks to ensure the successful running of the site
- You will carry out a range of regular and non-cyclic tasks in relation to the maintenance and upkeep of our sports facilities including: tractoring and sweeping our football pitches, net replacement, rubber replenishment, leaf and pollen clearance, moss removal and water testing
- You will open and close the facility and carry out daily checks to ensure that our sports facilities are clean, tidy, safe and ready for the public to use at all times including: sweeping/mopping of changing rooms and toilets, litter picking and emptying of bins
- You are responsible for closing our football pitches and changing rooms down at the end of the evening, ensuring that all our facilities are locked up and that the site is left secure
- You are responsible for administering sports facility bookings through our online booking system including: commercial, schools, charities, and voluntary sector organisations, liaising with the office, our third party booking provider and clients, to address and resolve any issues that arise
- You are responsible for the effective and safe management of our sports facilities, working with colleagues to ensure that park/facilities rules are adhered to and that unacceptable behaviour is appropriately addressed in line with procedures and risk assessments
- You will proactively manage the use of our sports facilities, particularly during busy periods, ensuring that all children and young people have equal access to play including through the allocation of pitches/courts and in bringing groups together to play
- You are the first point of contact for all sports facility hires, providing any information required, allocating changing rooms and ensuring that those using our facilities receive excellent customer service throughout their visit
- You will support a range of events and park hires throughout the year, setting up and taking down equipment, stewarding events and working with the rest of the grounds/sports team to ensure that all health and safety requirements are met
- You will attend regular training to refresh skills and acquire new knowledge as appropriate to the needs of the role.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience of facility management/maintenance, within the sports/leisure sector
- Experience of using a range of maintenance systems, processes, and procedures,
- Experience of working with and alongside external contractors to support the delivery of effective sports/facility maintenance
- Experience of working in a public facing role, preferably in a busy public environment such as a leisure centre/park
- Experience of public events and the ability to work as part of a team to deliver the safe running of these
- Experience of carrying out a range of inspections for the purposes of compliance, e.g. water testing
- Experience of hard and soft landscape maintenance in areas such as, playgrounds, sand and water, green spaces/gardening
- Experience of administering/using online booking systems
- The ability to take on a range of practical tasks to maintain our sports facilities including: painting/decorating, cleaning, hard court maintenance, sweeping, fixtures and fittings, plumbing, roof and gutter clearance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Approachable and friendly with the ability and confidence to engage with a range of park users including children, parents and adults hiring our facilities
- Qualifications in sports, leisure, or facility maintenance e.g. foundation degree
- Recognised qualification in synthetic pitch maintenance and/or hard sports surface maintenance
- Safeguarding training
- Working at heights training
- COSHH training
- First Aid at Work qualification
Interviews available immediately