£27000 - £30000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Dock Master - New Boat Club, Port Solent up to 30K
An exciting opportunity for a talented Dock Master/Marine Operations Manager to join a market leading international boat club operator with 250+ locations worldwide. They are about to launch their first boat club in Port Solent in April where their members will be enjoying hassle free recreational boating underpinned by exceptional customer service and operational excellence. The role of Dock Master is pivotal to delivering this experience, it is a full time opportunity with responsibilities including:
- Carry our safety checks and routine maintenance including engine oils, filters and pumps.
- Manage the check-in/out and embark/disembark processes.
- Help and support members with their first trips after completing their training
- Prepare reservation and fuel logs and weather/tidal reports.
- Organise member events and boating experience days.
- Recruit, coach and manage a team of casual boat crew and freelance instructors as needed during peak times
- Mange operational budgets and to support the sales team.
We are keen to talk to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Significant water sports management experience as a Dock Master or Marine Operations Manager
- Ideally have a good knowledge of the Solent and its waters
- Hold the RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor Qualification
- Have well developed maintenance and boat servicing experience.
- Have a good knowledge of IT and reporting systems.
With multiple new boat club planned to open over the next 2 years this is an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to get involved at the start of the UK boat club operation. Significant career opportunities are on offer for the successful candidate to progress their career in either training or club management positions.
In addition to a basic salary of up to 30K, benefits include 28 days holiday, pension and company mobile phone.
Interviews are immediately available with the successful candidate required to be in place no later than 1 April 2021.