£35000 - £43000 per annum + Exceptional Holidays and Pension
about 1 month ago
Convenience Store Manager £36,000- £45,000 + exceptional benefits
I am working on an outstanding opportunity for an experienced convenience store General Manager to launch a new convenience store working at one of London's largest and successful Universities based near Euston in Central London..
In addition to a highly competitive basic my client offers an exceptional range of benefits which include 41 days annual holiday and an industry leading pension scheme.
For this opportunity it is essential interested candidates have a proven track record as a general manager working within a convenience store. This is a stand-alone operation so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate they have the knowledge, skills and experience to head up the retail operation and set out the strategy and vision for the business without the support and safety net of a huge retail operation.
- Leading the team to achieve budgeted targets and ensuring that profit margins and budgets are achieved
- Meeting budgeted labour margins through effective rota management and accurate forecasting/anticipation of trends
- Responsible for all aspects legal compliance , food safety and operating practises across the retail operations.
- Managing and leading the team to deliver the highest operational standards across all retail outlets
- Introducing formalised set procedures, systems and standards across the retail outlets
- Increasing footfall through the customer experience and compelling offers/product presentation.
- Managing stock, cash control and ordering systems, following operating and finance procedures.
- Utilising customer feedback, surveys and mystery shops to improve the customer /team member experience.
- Ensuring that we recruit great people and induct, train, manage and develop a high-performance team.
- Produce Board level reports to track performance against budget and other key performance indicators
- Negotiate with supplies to ensure the highest levels of service and commercial advantage.
Candidates will require first class communication skills and the confidence and credibility to prepare reports and to present at Board level. A degree education is preferable.
We regret that only those candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered.