Up to £45000 per annum + Hybrid
Commercial Development Manager - Leisure Central London/Hybrid
A rare and exciting opportunity for a leisure specialist to join the commercial teams working for a leading charity operating several of London's most iconic parks and open spaces. As the commercial development manager you will be working within the commercial projects team and will play the lead role in reviewing and developing a long-term growth strategy for the leisure provision which currently generates a multimillion pound income stream across swimming, boating, tennis, personal training, boot camps, pitch hire and sports coaching. You will be tasked with growing the revenue in these areas and generate new ideas for income generation. Responsibilities include:
- Manage projects, commercial tenders and insourcing opportunities, including existing projects and looking at new opportunities.
- Provide advice to assist programmes with income objectives and provide contract management advice and support to high value contracts.
- Analyse and review the existing operations and commercial terms linking this to both participation and engagement and financial returns..
- Working with multiple stakeholders, the operations teams, internal teams ,existing user groups, suppliers and partners.
- Preparing detailed business cases and proposals including insourcing/outsourcing and renegotiating existing contracts terms.
- Overseeing the procurement process, issuing tenders, reviewing returns, overseeing contract negotiations and agreements.
- Support the wider commercial teams responsible for managing both catering and retail operations and sharing best practice.
We are keen to hear from candidates who:
- Have a strong background in leisure or a charity, ideally working in a broadly similar commercial or procurement position.
- Experienced in developing detailed business cases to inform commercial delivery models and strategy,
- The ability to interpret and deliver a range of financial data and management information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a collegiate approach to achieving project goals.
The position is offered on a basic salary of up to 45K on a hybrid basis, with 2 days based in the office in Kensington and 3 days remote. Benefits include 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 with 3 years' service,
an enhanced pension scheme with a maximum employer contribution of 10%, private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan and a great range of event tickets and additional perks.
Interviews are immediately available.