£40000 - £45000 per annum
21 days ago
Club Manager nr Guildford up to 45K
An exciting opportunity for a general manager to lead the team at a leading private members sports and leisure club based at one of the leading public schools in Surrey. There are a wide range of sports and leisure facilities including well equipped gym, pool spa, 9-hole golf course and a wide range of indoor and outdoor sports pitches and racquets courts with 1100 leisure and golf members and 1350 pupils and staff as well as numerous sports clubs and external hires. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach, support and manage your heads of departments and front-line staff to deliver excellent service.
- Effective programming across all the facilities and ensuring staffing rotas match requirements.
- Responsible for multiple revenue streams including memberships, learn to swim, personal training, private hire and retail.
- Drive new membership sales, working closely with the commercial team at the school.
- Work closely with the Directors of Sport at the school across the sporting curriculum, matches and competitions.
- Managing the key partnerships and service level agreements with professional and sporting clubs and summer camp providers.
- Working to support and promote sports events within the club and the local community.
- Optimise the occupancy and yield from external sports bookings and hires.
- Responsible for health and safety and safeguarding policies and procedures and management of all records.
- Responsible for all budgets and for formulating cap ex and investment proposals.
At this is a standalone leisure facility we are looking to hear from candidates who have a proven track record as a General Manager with experience managing a similar range of fitness and sporting facilities. Pool plant experience would be beneficial but is not essential as training can be provided.
You will need to be a confident communicator and enjoy working in an environment that is very much service led and one that has multiple stakeholders to manage, both internally and externally. You will be required to work a combination of shifts including some weekends.
In addition to a competitive basic salary of 40-45K dependent on experience, benefits include but are not limited to a 7% employer pension contribution, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, free lunches, free parking and private accident insurance.