£85000 - £90000 per annum + Flights, visa, accommodation allowance
Chief Operating Officer - leading luxurious health club Kuwait - £85,000 TAX FREE
Leisure People are delighted to be working with the finest Health Club facility in Kuwait.
Across two sites, these state-of-the art mixed clubs offer the best in wellness: Studios, outdoor pools, free-weights, cardio and functional fitness.
We are looking for an experienced Operator to support the CEO in developing the company strategies and who will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of these strategies.
You will need to have several years experience within the Wellness Industry, working within the luxury health club market, ideally from a GM and Regional Manager background, with exceptional leadership and business skills. Preferably with overseas experience of working in the Midde East.
The Ideal candidate:
- Must have the ability to build trust and cultivate respect from day one as he/she are coming to an established company with staff who might be attached to the previous COO.
- Should be a seasoned executive with a proven leadership record in the health and fitness industry
- Must be an execution and people expert
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Is expected to constantly communicate with the company customers, suppliers and all the company stakeholders
- Have experience managing a diversified team from different background and nationalities and should know how to align all teams, ask the right questions, lead discussions to reach solutions.
- To have the compassion to lead and mentor the team and bring the best in them by growing their skills and confidence
- Should be excellent executor of company vision and plans but also entrepreneurial enough to spot new opportunities that fit the vision and long-term goals
- Is expected to challenge the status quo and serve as a change agent
- Should possess the required knowledge and strength to manage the culture shift towards stronger teamwork, collaboration and accountability
- Should be likable, good listener, patient, comfortable with people, emotionally mature, wise, ethical, honest, and trustworthy
- Be adaptable; able to tailor his/her approach based on the culture of the company and the country
- Among the tasks required in the short term are the following:
- Improve marketing activities and plan
- Improve company website and mobile application
- Improve customer journey and customer satisfaction
- Develop the brand standards in every department
- Develop standardized systems and procedures in order to streamline expansions and ensure consistent delivery of our services across all locations
- Develop and hire a team of A players in every department.
- Develop staff training and career path
- Improve staff retention and brand loyalty
- Ongoing tasks:
- Oversee daily operations and manage department heads and gym manager(s)
- Work with CEO on developing the company ongoing business plan and KPIs
- Adhere to the budget and oversee execution of the business plan.
- Be accountable for the P&L results and drives results.
- Work with accounts team on developing feasibility analysis of new products and services
- Work with accounts and heads of departments on company budget to present to the CEO for approval
- Draft the board meetings agenda and prepare the information required for the meetings beforehand
- Communicate with the board to bring operational clarity and connection between the vision and the tactical disciplines and offer data based answers.
- Communicate the CEO/board's questions and concerns to the leadership team to get the work done at the highest standards possible.
- Growing the business into multiple locations:
- Concept development based on market needs/gaps
- Working with market experts analysist to solidify/refine the concept
- Feasibility analysis of new projects
- Selecting the best location for the project
- Working with architects on design and plans
- Presentations to the board
- Equipment procurement
- Recruitment of the staff
- Development of the Systems and procedures and operational manuals
- Training and orientation of staff
- Prelaunch plan and execution
- Management and overseeing operations post launch onwards.
- Tax Free Basic Salary of £5,200 a month/£62,500 per annum
- Accommodation and Transportation allowance of £1,950 a month/£23,400 per annum
- Flights and visa included to the value of £1,550 pa
- Total tax free package £87,450
- Bonus - tbc
- 30 days holiday per year
- 6 direct reports ( Gym Manager, Fitness Manager, Head of Reception and Client Liaison, Deputy Manager, HR and accounts
Interviews available immediately