£26000 - £32000 per annum
11 months ago
ACTIVITIES MANAGER - Berkshire £26,000 basic £32,000 OTE
We are looking for an Activities Manager for one of the UK's leading health club operators.
You will be responsible for leading and managing all activities within a 5000 member club in Berkshire, which will include Fitness, Group Exercise, Racquets, Swim, kids and family activities, with the focus on giving the members a fabulous experience every day.
You will also act regularly acting as Duty Manager, taking responsibility for the efficient operation for the entire club. Shifts include opening the health club at 6am and working through to 2pm, late shifts from 2pm to 11pm and middle shifts 10am to 7pm, 11am to 7pm or 12pm to 9pm and every other weekend.
- Regularly acting as Duty Manager, ensuring the smooth operation of the club and ensuring day to day health & safety and compliance regulations are adhered to
- Delivering excellence in member experience
- Support the recruitment of great people, who demonstrate the clients core values
- Support the training, inducting, managing and development of a high performance team
- Help to drive exceptional employee engagement
- Holding regular 1-2-1 and team meetings
- Be an inspired leader, adopting a coaching approach where possible and supporting your teams by ensuring optimum usage of available training
- Demonstrate an obsessive attention to detail, taking a See it, Fix it approach and giving feedback to the depart
- Ensure all equipment is working, safe and clean at all times
- Ensure all member communication and music levels are appropriate and deliver a great experience
- Take ownership of all Member feedback
- Own the gym experience, group exercise, swim, racquets and families scores giving praise and saying "Thank you" to those team members being recognised and taking appropriate actions to further enhance the member's experience in departments of responsibility.
- Managing all Activity, including Group Exercise classes, Swimming activities, Kids and Family Activities
- Regularly assess racquet instructors with the Racquets Manager to ensure all instructors are regularly assessed and coached to deliver exceptional and consistent classes and activities that exceed our members expectations.
- Play a central role in delivering a range of member social events and activities, looking for opportunities to improve the member experience
- Keeping up to date daily with Income and Club performance via the daily dashboard, identifying key actions to drive the Club and departments forward.
- Building good relationships with Club Support and team members to utilise resources for the benefit of all.
- Working with partners and contractors to ensure consistent delivery of the Service Level Agreements.
- Help build great relationships within the community and grow our presence on social media channels to ensure we are externally perceived as the leading health Club for breadth and range of facilities in the local area.
- Delivering ad hoc activities as required.
- 2 years experience in managing a team in a similar customer focused environment
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent with additional Higher Education qualification
- GCSE in English and Maths
We want you to get out of it what you put in, which is why we offer uncapped commission, and we'll train you in the skills you'll need to become a successful sales professional. Benefits include:
- Good Basic Salary of £26,000
- Bonus £500 a month paid in 4 month cycles - OTE £32,000
- Working with a great team of people
- Having a load of fun along the way
- Career progression
Interviews available immediately