Sports manager - Gloucester - Up to 27k basic 36k OTE
My client is an award winning lettings solution provider. They currently run various lettings on the behalf of schools and local authorities in different locations across the UK. This is a company that provides themselves on their people and are always prepared to invest time and resource in developing their staff. They are now in the market for the exciting post of Sports manager based in Gloucester. The salary offered for this position is around the 27k mark plus commission bringing the OTE up to 36k.
The role will include:
- Taking facility lettings bookings, dealing with enquiries and following up potential leads
- Finding potential new business and leads using a variety of tools including social media, meetings, emails, internet searches, local newspapers, local community venues, other centres etc.
- Creating and distributing weekly staff rotas and lettings planners in accordance with facility bookings.
- Providing weekly updates for schools, Sport and Leisure staff and Company Directors.
- Managing invoicing and payment plan procedures.
- Day to day management of teams of Community Sport and Leisure Assistants and other relevant staff.
- Carrying out day to day administrative roles i.e. emails, telephone calls, invoicing, information distribution etc.
- Interviewing and appointing Sport and Leisure staff.
- Delivering staff inductions, training and appraisals.
- Managing and implementing company staff reward schemes.
- Managing relevant budgets.
- Carrying out regular quality checks and monitoring procedures - often to be carried out during evening and weekend periods.
- Undertaking responsibility for achieving high standards of customer service/satisfaction.
- Developing comprehensive community lettings programmes for all partner schools.
- Facilitating projects and events at all partner schools during lettings periods.
- Conduct regular meetings and communication with partner schools.
- Sourcing and pursuing external funding opportunities and project managing successful bids.
- Regularly travelling between several school sites and meetings.
- Managing a combination of office-based and home working.
- Achieving targets and objectives as set-out by the Company Directors.
- Reporting to the Company Directors, including regular meetings and the production of reports to assess standards and progress.
If you currently work in a managerial position or believe you have the character to be a strong manager this could be the next role for you. You will need to be strong in sales and have fantastic communication skills. The position offers a good basic salary and comes with a company phone, laptop, mileage allowance and flexible working hours.