Lead Instructor/Personal Trainer - Plymouth
£24,000 - £28,000 +5K bonus
I am looking for a full time lead instructor/personal trainer who has a minimum of 2 years personal training experience and who will thrive in a position that will involve taking group and personal training sessions in outdoor parks, indoor locations and personal training facilities for an iconic business that is now under new ownership. You will also be responsible for the management of a number of freelance instructors supporting you across your nominated locations providing managerial accountability and responsibility..
With significant investment and an exciting rebrand and relaunch imminent this is a fantastic opportunity for a personal trainer to secure a highly competitive basic salary and very achievable annual bonus.
Reporting into the General Manager for your region you will be responsible for the following:
- Taking around 15 group sessions and up to 20 hours of personal training across different locations on an incentivised basis. .
- Setting personal progression targets for members and working with them to achieve their individual goals
- Optimise retention and grow membership through local outreach and business development, existing member referrals and converting trials.
- Deliver classes and sessions in accordance with brand standards and that feedback and NPS targets are achieved.
- Responsible for all the logistics in terms of provision and quality of equipment.
- Plan resource for classes at all sites in area to correct ratio of Instructor to members
- Directly manager a number of freelance instructors
We are keen to talk to candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Have strong fitness qualifications, ideally a sports science and conditioning qualification with a minimum of PT level 3.
- Significant PT experience either within the fitness industry.
- Working closely with the GM to drive sales, referrals and corporate partnerships.
- Can demonstrate leadership and coaching qualities.
- Are motivated to play a key role in driving forward a new and dynamic fitness brand.
- A driving licence is essential.
- Previous Military PT background is desirable but is not essential
In addition to a competitive basic salary of 24-28K dependent on experience, we are offering an incentivised scheme for PT sessions and an annual bonus scheme of up to 5k based on hitting the profit targets for your area. Additional benefits include 25 days holiday per annum, ongoing training and academic qualifications, free membership and travel expenses between training locations.
Leisure People are exclusively retained to manage the recruitment process and they will be carrying out initial interviews on our behalf. Successful candidates will be invited to an open day which will involve a full presentation on the business and a number of individual and group exercises.