Head of Health & Safety and Quality - Commercial Leisure
Up to 40k +5k bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional in Health & Safety and Quality to head up the Head of Health & Safety and Quality at a nationwide operator which covers sites from the North of England down to London.
The Health & Safety and Quality will ensure that a culture around Health & Safety is promoted across the business and embedded in the sites. Development of people and a sense of 'team' within the organisation in the field of health, safety & quality. Directly responsible to the Managing Director to ensure agreement and effectiveness of: Strategy, Setting Group wide measurable targets, Standard Operating Procedures, Monitoring & Measurement, Review and Training.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Health & Safety within the company ensuring that the company is fully compliant around Health & Safety legislation and industry compliance.
- Act as the key point of contact with Health & Safety consultants and suppliers.
- The strategic direction and work priorities for the continuous improvement of the Company's Health, Safety and Quality management programme and systems.
- To advise and assist with the implementation of new or existing HS&Q related legislation, rules and Company standards and ensure that it is incorporated into day to day operations, which includes being aware of new or existing safety legislation, approved codes of practice, guidance notes, and government reports.
- To drive the work of, and administer, the Board's H&S Committee.
- To liaise with the Head of Employee Services to initiate and coordinate the training plan and delivery of qualification programmes to support the operational safety and quality standards.
- To develop and manage the proactive monitoring programme and ensure that actions for areas of non-compliance are identified and followed up to satisfactory completion.
- To steer the Company in retaining all current quality accreditations, and work towards the attainment of new health, safety and quality accreditations.
- To produce and coordinate the yearly HS&Q action plan and longer term HS&Q roadmap, preparing reports for monthly update of same to the Board.
- Monitor minor and major modifications within the Company's operations, activities and premises to ensure that risk assessments have been undertaken to the required standard.
- Implement and monitor the due diligence that applies to the safe procurement of contractors contracted to carry out the Company's business.
- To provided support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- To liaise with Insurance Companies, the Company's Insurance Brokers, and Site Managers to provide information and investigation facilities for Compensation Claims.
- To be the Company 'point of contact' for all communication to and from Enforcing Authorities.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Minimum five years HSE experience.
- You will be educated to a high standard with a general certificate in NEBOSH, IOSH
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and tight timescales.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and team working skills.
- Current, Valid UK driving licence
For more information please click apply and we will be in contact if you fit the brief