General Manager Bluewater, Kent 45-55K + 20% bonus
A rare and very exciting opening for a general manager to launch a brand new themed activity centre revolving around a range of fun, educational and entertaining activities for children and their carers that will be opening in Bluewater later this year. The centre is based around physical activity, intellectual curiosity and soft-play providing high levels of teaching, coaching, engagement and interaction. Working alongside the Executive Director the key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the recruitment of both the management team, teaching and front line staff including running multiple assessment centres.
- Training, inducting and the ongoing management and leadership of your team, optimising labour efficiency.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures across the whole centre ensuring compliance at every level.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer service and ensuring the highest levels of rebooking and referrrals
- Work closely with marketing to drive awareness and footfall into the centre
- Establish and build key partnerships within Bluewater and the local areas focusing on nurseries and learning partners.
- Manage the p and l and put in place KPIs to achieve across multiple revenue streams
- Ensure the optimum delivery within the cafe, focusing on quality, stock, wastage and hitting GP's
We are keen to talk to candidates who:
- have a proven track record within General Management within a large children's activity, family entertainment or health and fitness operation turning over in excess of £2m.
- Are totally engaged in the ethos and values of the business around engagement with children and their parents/carers
- Will thrive in a business that is looking to create family culture and values
- Have a positive can do environment and who will always work with integrity and transparency
- Possess strong financial and IT skills
- Are willing to undertake a full DPS check.
- Are prepared to work at peak times, particularly evenings, weekends and bank holidays
In addition to a highly competitive basic salary of 45-55K dependent on experience, there will be a bonus scheme of up to 20% based on meeting EBITDA targets. The plan will be roll out a number of these centres in both the UK and Europe providing the successful candidate with a great opportunity for further career development.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications only those candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted