Assistant sports manager - Uxbridge - 20k basic + Bonus
My client is an award winning lettings solution provider. They currently run various lettings on the behalf of schools and local authorities in different locations across the UK. This is a company that provides themselves on their people and are always prepared to invest time and resource in developing their staff. They are now in the market for the exciting post of Assistant sports manager based in Uxbridge. The salary offered for this position is around the 20k mark plus an annual bonus based on the performance of the facilities.
The role will include:
- Making facility lettings bookings, dealing with enquiries and following up potential leads
- Marketing the facilities, maximising usage and therefore income, finding potential new business and leads using a variety of tools including social media, meetings, emails, internet searches, local newspapers, local community venues, other centres etc.
- Creating and distributing weekly staff rotas and lettings planners in accordance with facility bookings.
- Day to day management of school leisure assistants ensuring their compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out day to day administrative roles i.e. emails, telephone calls, invoicing, information distribution etc.
- Interviewing and appointing Sport and Leisure staff and delivering staff inductions, training and appraisals.
- Carrying out regular quality checks and monitoring procedures - often to be carried out during evening and weekend periods.
- Responsible for achieving high standards of customer service/satisfaction.
- Assisting with developing comprehensive community lettings programmes for all partner schools.
- Assisting with facilitating projects and events at all partner schools during lettings periods.
- Regularly travelling between several school sites and meetings.
- Managing a combination of office-based and home working.
- Achieving targets and objectives as set-out by the Line Manager.
- Preparing for and attending regular performance meetings.
- Any other duties deemed suitable by the Company Directors, commensurate with the salary and title of the post
If you currently work in a managerial position or believe you have the character to be a strong manager this could be the next role for you. You will need to be strong in sales and have fantastic communication skills. The position offers a good basic salary and comes with a company phone, laptop, mileage allowance and flexible working hours.