Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £30000 per annum + 6K bonus
Sports Manager - Manchester - 30k basic +bonus
I am looking for a sports manager to work for a leading leisure management operator who run a wide variety of sports coaching and sports development initiatives across the North West. You will be responsible for multiple contracts and partnerships. We are looking for a candidate with significant operational management and sports programming experience who drives and who is ideally based in and around Manchester. A background in sports coaching and management within a local authority/schools setting is desirable but not essential.
- Operational accountability for all of the sports coaching programs, camps and courses working with multiple partners.
- Financial and budgetary responsibility for your team of 50 full and part time staff including rota optimisation.
- To meet and exceed both revenue and occupancy levels across all contracts.
- Responsible for recruitment, inductions and ongoing support for your team leaders and their coaches
- Managing the key relationships with each partner, looking for opportunities to grow the business
- Sourcing potential new business and leads utilising referrals, social media, meetings, emails, internet searches.
- Carrying out regular quality checks, risk assessments and operational audits
- Managing invoicing and payment plan procedures.
- Managing and implementing company staff reward schemes.
- Facilitating projects and events with partners
If you currently work in a managerial position for a leisure management operator, five a side football business por or are managing a sports coaching business or heading up a PE team then we would delighted to hear from you.
You will need to be highly organised with great communication skills in being able to manage and motivate your teams working across each partnership.
In addition to a competitive basic salary of up to 30K, the position offers a significant annual bonus, company phone, laptop, mileage allowance and flexible working hours.