£33000 - £34000 per annum + Final salary penson
over 1 year ago
Sports and Wellness Development Officer Stevenage up to 34K + excellent benefits
A rare opportunity to work in a sports development role working across an agenda covering health, wellbeing and sports development ensuring a co-ordinated range of projects and services are delivered with high impact and sustainable outcomes.
- To work with multiple internal and external to ensure an integrated and joined up approach
- To review and develop the sports development policy to ensure increased participation.
- Lead on the identification and submission of external funding bids, public sector commissioning and income generation opportunities
- Drive & develop joint business plans with relevant strategic partners, voluntary organisations and community groups.
- To support the Leisure Management contract and undertake client functions as required.
- To support and advise in relation to corporate and strategic matters involving health, wellbeing and sports development.
- Maximise the use of assets and resources to achieve better outcomes for local communities.
- Actively support service transformation, ensuring digital opportunities and solutions are explored and implemented wherever possible.
Interested candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Management experience working within the Public Health, Sports Development sectors and Leisure Management contracts.
- An ability to translate complex information into specific actions and business plans that provide tangible and positive outcomes.
- Well-developed partnership working and influencing skills
In addition to a competitive basic salary there are an excellent ranges of benefits including 32 days holiday including bank holidays, contributory final salary pension scheme, season ticket loan and an opportunity for flexible working.
The position is immediately available.