almost 7 years ago
Thorpe Bay, Southend-On-Sea
Operations Manager / Deputy Club Manager: LA Fitness
Do you have the spark?
Pride and passion are the main drivers of our business, and you’ll need them in spades to work within our fast-paced, fitness focused brands.
There are exciting times ahead for LA fitness and LAX. We’ve got ambitious plans for 2015 including major investment and new club openings; and we need bright, enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join us and help develop our brands into what we believe will be the most innovative, aspiring fitness brands within the UK.
Strength, Passion, Achieve, Respect and Knowledge are the values that ignite our business. And if you think you have the Spark to support our business plans we’d love to hear from you.
LA fitness is one of the UK’s leading Health and Fitness chains with 43 clubs in the group, including 12 in Central London and of these 12, 3 are our premium LAX brand. At LA fitness you will find the latest fitness techniques and thinking, combined with state-of-the-art Technogym equipment. LA fitness centres its approach to fitness around a passion to inform and educate its members on the finer points of exercise and nutrition.
Operations Manager - The role:
As the operationally focused Deputy Club Manager you will be a vital member of the management team. Your role is to combine your skills and passion for fitness with customer service. You will have strong people skills to lead the way on business and safety compliance along with the ability to understand all areas of the role including all commercial aspects. With a detailed understanding of our business you will build relationships to work very closely with external contractors and Support Office functions, to ensure a well maintained, safe environment for your team and members. You will provide direction and support to Reception, Service crew and FSM to provide exceptional levels of member interaction and cleanliness whilst working to a departmental budget.
Why am I here?
1. To ensure daily operational procedures are correctly implemented.
2. To manage and support the Reception and Service Crew teams to achieve their development and departmental objectives.
3. To play an active part in the achievement of People, Service, Legal and Commercial objectives as a member of the management team.
4. To have active involvement in and knowledge of other departments and duties for you to be the Duty Manager on average 3 shifts per week ensuring that you are visible and active at peak times and networking with as many members and instructors as possible.
5. To continually improve your knowledge by keeping up to date with industry trends and seek further training and guidance from GM, Regional Sales Manager and National Support Departments.
6. To manage cash honestly, appropriately and inline with company policy
7. To be an active member of the team that uses the facilities and develops product knowledge to be able to answer member queries where possible.
8. To work as part of the team to ensure all areas are routinely kept, clean, tidy, well maintained and company Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
How do I act?
Through Values that ignite our business… SPARK
When the going gets tough, shine
Fuelled with a passion to support our members.
Be the best you can be.
Take pride in yourself, your team and your club.
The more you know, the brighter you will burn
What’s in it for me?
Commission structure and Performance Related Pay enhancements.
31 Days Annual Leave (Inclusive of Public Holidays) plus your birthday off.
Personal Club Membership plus one other for family member or partner.
Life Insurance (2 x salary) and contributory pension.
Childcare Vouchers and Retail shopping discounts.
Service related benefits.
Opportunity to develop into a General Manager role, increase earning potential and status.
What do I need?
A vibrant personality and a drive for the fitness product.
Qualified in EFA, Defib, ER & Pool Ops or willing/able to become qualified within 3 months.
Experience in the industry or transferable skills and strong track record in supporting a commercially driven successful team.
The ability to build relationships with business partners and demonstrate good people skills.
Passion for brand standards, service and cleanliness.
Be willing and able to attend all company training as required.
Do something extraordinary today and start to change your future. Apply now.