City of London
£31131 - £36348 per annum + 41 days holiday + 21.6% pension
Maintenance Technician Euston
£31,131-£36,348 - 41 days holiday + 21.6% pension contribution
This is an outstanding opportunity for a maintenance technician to work Monday to Friday for a leading University Student Union in Central London. You will be working across a range of facilities including offices, meeting rooms, bars, cafes, a fitness centre and retail outlets. Working in a high footfall university you will be engaging with students, postgraduates, academic and support staff and as such you will you need to share and embrace their culture which is all about creating a fun, diverse, inclusive and safe environments for all. Reporting into the Facilities and Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Carry out a range of day-to-day maintenance work including electrical, mechanical, plumbing and joinery work.
- Carry out basic plumbing (unblock toilets, basins etc. waste leaks, tap repairs and replacement, plug chains etc
- To inspect and test plant/plant rooms, identifying, recording, reporting or rectifying faults.
- To fix heating, ventilation and air conditioning faults including plant, pipework, radiators.
- To inspect, service, repair and maintain equipment and systems
- To investigate, diagnose and repair faults; respond to breakdowns, faults and service request calls
- To carry out basic joinery work e.g. refix/tighten door/window furniture, ease windows/doors, oil locks, adjust closers, hang pictures etc.
- To make sure all areas are tidy and presentable and painted to a high standard
- To do basic electrical repairs including changing tubes and starters, check emergency lights.
- To carry out a range of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules including fire alarm tests, emergency light tests, water hygiene tests etc.
- To work with and assist tradespersons and contractors as required.
- To ensure work is carried out in compliance with all applicable procedures, safe working practices and statutory requirements.
- To carry out first response to customer requests; diagnose faults and either make safe, rectify or refer to Estates
We are keen to hear from candidates who have a proven track record in a similar maintenance technician position.
The position is offered on a 36.5hr Monday to Friday contract, in addition to a competitive basic salary of £31,131- £36.348 (noting that an appointment is likely to me made at mid-point within the salary scale) with the opportunity for annual increments to take the overall basic up to the top of the salary band. You will also receive an exceptional range of benefits including 33 days annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays, an employer pension contribution of 20.6% with you contributing 9.8% of your salary, an interest free season ticket loan, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption paid leave, discounted healthcare schemes and a wide-ranging list of retail discounts.
Interviews are immediately available.