£35000 - £39000 per annum + exceptional holidays and pension
Head of Operations - University Sports Centre 35-39K Basic + exceptional benefits
I am looking for a head of operations to assume full responsibility for the day to day management for an outstanding range of fitness and sporting facilities including state of the art gym and studios, 3 sports halls, 4 indoor tennis courts, squash courts, and a number of outdoor pitches and artificial surfaces for a leading University. The key responsibilities will be to deliver operational excellence and the highest levels of health and safety across all areas for 20,000+ students and 3000 staff, leading and coaching both a duty management team and front line staff. The sports facilities also double up as a Centre of Excellence and a sporting hub for the whole of Kent and host many regional and national events as well as being a high performance centre for several sports. Working as a member of the senior management team and reporting into the Director of Sport, Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for a ten year rolling maintenance programme to ensure that the facilities remain best in class.
- Project manage major cap ex investments including laying of new sports surfaces and gym refurbishments.
- Review and update the health and safety policies and risk assessments across all facilities
- Responsible for facilitating and overseeing the successful management of large scale sporting events.
- Building and developing relationships with key stakeholders, NGBs and Social Sports Clubs.
- Work closely with Student Groups and Sabbatical Officers to help facilitate accessibility and participation.
- Manage, coach and develop your team to deliver a high quality customer experience
- Budgetary management and management of external contractors and partnerships.
- Working a combination of shifts including typically 1 in 3 weekends.
We are keen to talk to candidates who can demonstrate:
- A proven track record in leisure facility or centre management with a detailed operational understanding.
- Ideally with a recognised health and safety qualification.
- A coaching and collaborative management and leadership style
In addition to a highly competitive basic salary of 35-39K dependent on experience, the position offers an outstanding range of benefits that include 43 days holiday per annum, an employer pension contribution of 21.1% and enhanced parental leave.
Interview are immediately available.