Up to £33000 per annum + +10K Bonus
about 2 years ago
General Manager - Warwick
Up to £33,000 + 10K bonus
I am looking for a full time general manager who is an experienced and commercially astute fitness professional with a strong background in personal training to manage a number of parks operating boot camps, indoor locations and personal training facilities for an iconic business that is now under new ownership. With significant investment, an exciting rebrand and relaunch imminent and a clear strategy to become one of the leading performance and coaching companies in the sector this represents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and commercially astute personal trainer. Offering a highly competitive basic salary and a very achievable annual bonus in a role that allows you to still PT and take group classes with the added responsibility for growing your region and managing, coaching and directing a large number of full and part time personal trainers and boot camp instructors.
Reporting into the National Operations Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering classes for 40% of the working week, rotating through each site on a rolling basis to ensure consistency of delivery
- Optimise retention and grow membership through local outreach, existing member referrals and converting trials.
- Ensuring classes are delivered in accordance with brand standards and that feedback and NPS is high.
- In charge of recruitment, ensuring there are sufficient quality instructors to deliver the programmes and that ongoing training and development is delivered.
- Responsible for all the logistics in terms of provision and quality of equipment.
- Plan resource for classes at all sites in the region ensuring the correct ratio of instructor to members
- Directly manager a number of chief and freelance instructors
We are keen to talk to candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Have strong fitness qualifications, ideally a sports science and conditioning qualification with a minimum of PT level 3.
- Significant management experience either within the fitness industry.
- Will thrive in a sales focused business and will lead by example in building local partnerships.
- Have outstanding leadership and coaching qualities.
- Are motivated to play a key role in driving forward a new and dynamic fitness brand.
- Strong IT skills with P and L experience .
- A driving licence is essential.
- Previous Military PT background is desirable but is not essential
In addition to a competitive basic salary of 28-33K dependent on experience, we are offering an annual bonus scheme of up to 10k based on hitting the profit targets for your area Additional benefits include 25 days holiday per annum, ongoing training and academic qualifications, free membership and travel expenses between training locations..
Leisure People are exclusively retained to manage the recruitment process and they will be carrying out initial interviews on our behalf. Successful candidates will be invited to an open day which will involve a full presentation on the business and a number of individual and group exercises.