My client is looking for an experienced and passionate food & beverage manager who is proactive in regards to their management of any F&B department they look after. If this sounds like and you also have a passion for golf then this will be your dream job....
Responsibilities and Duties
Food and Beverage
To take full responsibility and accountability for delivering a professional, industry-leading food and beverage operation which prioritises, and delivers, the best possible member and visitor experience through a well-trained and fully motivated team.
- Deliver first class leadership and training to the food and beverage staff to deliver success as a team
- Recruit for attitude, train for skill: Recruit team members who have the personality and attitude to wow our members and then train them to deliver the best possible service through regular, scheduled training sessions
- Be a brilliant coach. Carry our regular staff performance reviews which align to the agreed ways of working. Coach daily to raise the game of the whole team
- Pro-actively sell internal and external functions, in line with agreed yield targets - whilst prioritising member activities
- Improve sales and profitability of the catering department, in line with agreed targets
- Plan and manage food and beverage rotas to deliver the best service levels whilst achieving labour cost targets. Focus on having the right people, in the right place, at the right time
- Support members in all aspects of planning and delivering formal and social club events
- Manage cash collection by implementing and delivering robust and professional cash and cash register procedures
- Manage F&B stock by implementing and delivering robust and professional stock management and rotation procedures
- Develop and launch bar and function menus in conjunction with the Head Chef and General Manager
- Ensure that licensing laws, health and safety and EHO legislation is delivered in a compliant and professional manner, always prioritising the health and safety and wellbeing of employees, members and visitors
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant Management and Committee meetings as required
- Manage relevant supplier contracts and relationships, ensuring that product and services aligns with our strategy of delivering the best possible member experience
- Carry out regular competitor marketing analysis to ensure that we offer the best available product and service to our members at competitive prices
- Liaise with the General Manager and Head Chef to Implement regular pricing and product reviews in line with supplier and government increases
- Ensure that the whole F&B team is actively involved in promoting club events and the annual charity initiatives.
Responsibility and accountability for the opening and closing of the clubhouse and food and beverage areas as well as general upkeep, security and safety procedures.
- Ensure that opening and closing procedures are in place and adhered to, prioritising employee and member safety as well as club property
- Liaise with club handyman to carry out regular planned preventative maintenance tests including amongst others, fire alarm, evacuation drills and legionella testing
- Manage the club cleaning contract to ensure that cleaning standards deliver the best possible clubhouse presentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Know how to deliver great service through the team
- Proven experience within the Hospitality sector
- Personal License Holder