Whitby, North Yorkshire
£19000 - £20000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Duty Manager Whitby up to 20K
I am looking for a duty manager to work at a well-established and community focused leisure centre in Whitby with a large membership base and learn to swim programme, This is a hands on position where you will be responsible for leading and directing your team to deliver a high level of service underpinning by ensuring the highest levels of operational performance and health and safety throughout the centre.
We are ideally looking for candidate who has had at least 12 months supervisory management experience working within the broad health and fitness, hospitality or retails sectors. All interested candidates will either currently hold or be willing to take/have the swimming ability to pass the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead by example in delivering an exceptional guest/members experience through a team of 15 FOH, sales, fitness instructors and lifeguards
- Will manage rotas, coach and mentor your team including team leaders, FOH, fitness instructors and lifeguards,
- Take the operational lead in the centre for health and safety audits, checks and compliance.
- To work with the team to optimise energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensure that cleaning standards and services are maintained to brand standards
- Support the sales as and when required with showgrounds and membership sign ups.
- Oversee the day to day programming across the centre including court hire, parties and events.
- Can work a varied shift pattern - 6.30-2.30pm, 2-10pm and typically 1 weekend in 3
- Have a positive can do attitude and approach and a genuine interest in health and fitness.
Interviews are immediately available.