Up to £65000 per annum + 15% annual bonus
about 1 month ago
Commercial Director - up to £65,000 +15% annual bonus
We are working with Horizon Leisure Centres, an ambitious leisure trust on the South Coast who are looking to appoint to a newly created post of Commercial Director who will be directly responsible for managing and leading the groupwide strategy to driving the key income streams into the business. Currently operating two large leisure centres in Havant and Waterlooville, the business has exciting plans for future growth and community wellness initiatives and partnerships. This is a key appointment to the Senior Management Team as the business implements its 5-year strategic plan and delivering outstanding leisure facilities. The postholder will drive a commercial can-do culture, embedding it throughout the organisation, delivering a diverse range of programmes and activities providing significant opportunities for new commercial initiatives and ideas. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the commercial strategy in core areas of the business - Health & Fitness, Learn to Swim, Soft Play, Events and Hospitality.
- Full ownership and responsibility of profit and loss for the organisation ensuring income and expenditure targets are achieved
- Support major projects including the future business expansion strategy
- Provide high standards of day-to-day management, coaching, development, and ongoing support for the sales and commercial teams.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to drive the commercial marketing strategy
- Setting and managing against clear objectives and targets optimising outcomes and commercial performance.
- Prepare and present detailed commercial business cases underpinning future growth strategies and capital investment.
- Implementing and managing strategies to encourage both commercial growth and community engagement and participation
- Support the CEO in creating sustainable and productive relationships with external stakeholders and local groups.
We are keen to hear from candidate who can demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior Commercial, Contract or General Management Role with the health and fitness or broad leisure sector.
- Experience in delivering major capital/business development projects
- Proven ability to identify and deliver opportunities to generate additional income and usage by developing/enhancing services and new initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience of achieving continuous improvement, encouraging innovation and appropriate challenge to process and delivery
- A modern approach to people management and development with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive P and L and budgetary management experience and knowledge with advanced PC skills.
In addition to a competitive basic salary of up to £65,000 dependent on experience, the position offers an annual performance related bonus of up to 15%, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays that increase with service, stakeholder pension scheme, family friendly policies, free gym membership and an employee benefits package.
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to David Peacock at Leisure People Recruitment who are our retained recruitment partners on this search,