£35000 - £45000 per annum
27 days ago
Cluster Retail Manager - Convenience Stores £36,000- £45,000 + exceptional benefits
I am working on an outstanding opportunity for an experienced retail manager to take on a cluster retail management role in Central London. You will be responsible for launching a new convenience store and overseeing two other retail outlets all within walking distance of each other. You will be working for an iconic London institution who in addition to a highly competitive basis salary are offering a fantastic working environment along with an exceptional range of benefits including 41 days annul holiday and a sector leading pension scheme. Interested candidates will be responsible for planning and delivering the new opening and will be given the opportunity to innovate and implement policies and strategy across the retail operation which includes an online merchandising and apparel outlets as well as pop up venues. Previous experience launching a convenience store is highly desirable. .
- Leading the team to achieve budgeted targets and ensuring that profit margins and budgets are achieved
- Meeting budgeted labour margins through effective rota management and accurate forecasting/anticipation of trends
- Responsible for all aspects legal compliance , food safety and operating practises across the retail operations.
- Managing and leading the team to deliver the highest operational standards across all retail outlets
- Introducing formalised set procedures, systems and standards across the retail outlets
- Contributing in growing our footfall through the customer experience and compelling offers/product presentation.
- Managing stock, cash control and ordering systems, following operating and finance procedures.
- Utilising customer feedback, surveys and mystery shops to improve the customer /team member experience.
- Ensuring that we recruit great people and induct, train, manage and develop a high-performance team.
- Produce Board level reports to track performance against budget and other key performance indicators
- Negotiate with supplies to ensure the highest levels of service and commercial advantage.
It is essential that interested candidates have a proven track record in convenience store management and multi-site experience is preferred. This is a stand-alone operation so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate they have the knowledge, skills and experience to head up the retail operation and set out the strategy and vision for the business without the support and safety net of a huge retail operation. You will need first class communication skills and the confidence and credibility to prepare reports and to present at Board level.