City of London, London
£35328 - £38303 per annum + exceptional benefits
over 1 year ago
Club Manager £35,328- £38,303 University Fitness Centre Central London
A rare opportunity has arisen for a club manager to run a high profile university fitness and sports facility in Central London. With several thousand members and huge pay as you go usage from students and staff the centre offers a high class and well-equipped gym, two studios, sports halls and squash. The remit is to encourage participation and wellness whilst also supporting the training regimes for multiple university sports teams. This is an exciting challenge as there are significant opportunities to evolve and enhance the programming and the member journey whilst introducing new ideas and services working very closely with your 3 heads of department, the Student Union and Sabbatical Officers. Remit includes:
- Responsibility for the day to day running and commercial performance of the fitness centre.
- Plan, develop and run an ongoing marketing and promotional campaign aligned to the student calendar
- Work closely with the CRM partners at Legend in introducing a DD membership
- To constantly monitor and develop the studio timetable in line with market trends
- To launch and manage personal training within the centre.
- To organise gym challenges and wellness workshops
- Ensure the highest levels of health and safety and operational excellence are delivered.
- Optimise the staffing rota and ensure all staff received ongoing training and development
Interested candidates will need:
- Degree educated with a proven track record in the fitness industry as a club manager.
- Have a strong fitness knowledge and the commercial acumen to drive both sales and retention
- Be politically adept to manage multiple stakeholders
- Thrive in an environment that is fast paced, 20,000 students enrol every September.
In addition to a highly competitive basic salary of £35.328- £38,303 there are an exceptional range of benefits including holiday entitlement of 41 days per annum including bank holidays, access to the university pension scheme, significant opportunities for your own personal development and training. The standard working