£20000 - £22000 per annum + bonus+ benefits
about 2 months ago
Assistant General Manager - Expanding gym chain
Up to £22,000 + bonus + benefits
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager in Watford for one of the largest gyms in the area, working for an entrepreneurial and expanding fitness chain who offer some of the coolest gym and studio classes in the country.
- Leading, coaching, developing, supporting and inspiring a large team of fitness coaches and personal trainers.
- Ensuring the club is well maintained, clean, COVID safe and compliant with brand standards at all times.
- Ensure members have a memorable customer experience with each and every visit to keep them coming back for more.
- Evaluating and developing their fitness product offering including group exercise.
- Create a fun environment for team members and members and instill a strong sense of community with events and challenges.
- Teach the odd gym floor or studio class.
- Deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
- Outgoing, engaging, fun personality with a hands-on approach to leadership and an ownership mentality.
- Exposure to supervising, coaching, and supporting fitness teams or personal trainers.
- Management experience within a commercial health and fitness environment possibly as a Gym Supervisor, Senior Personal trainer, Fitness Manager, Duty Manager, Assistant Club Manager or Leisure Club Manager.
- At least level 2 fitness qualified and ideally able to teach a gym floor class.
- A flexible approach to work as some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Live very locally to Watford or your own transport for an easy commute.
The company has an outstanding record for staff development and as a smaller operator can genuinely look after their employees and their individual needs, helping them progress within the business. As well as a competitive basic salary of up to £22,000, there is a £3000 bonus and you would get 100% of any personal training you do outside your 40 hours (after your 6 months probation) and get paid for classes outside your hours.
For more information please click apply and we will be in touch if you meet the above criteria.